Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Myths, Maoists, Tribal, Adivasis, Agenda, Politics.

The dissonant merger of Maoists and Tribals in public conversations has been a debatable topic as old as Maoists and Tribals existence "politically". Recently I was travelling with Avni and Prabhaharan from Heifer International during one of the visits by them where this topic somehow caught up the conversation and they were discussing this Maoist and Tribal problem and differences between both terms which are used conveniently and interchangeably by the Political Masters and general public. Since silence is the best knowledge when we are ignorant of the facts and at the same time after a while silent person knows at least something. Same applied to me that day and I learnt a lot about Maoists and Tribals in that one hour about which I was totally clueless until that day apart from my experience when as a part of my previous job I had to send consignment of around fifteen truck loads to the different areas of Orissa and I faced a great difficulty in hiring trucks for that area due to Maoist problem. I could not find any transporter to serve that area in particular.That day I seriously thought about this overlap of interests among Maoists and Tribals and their reasons for rage and fight. 
Today morning as usual I was reading daily news while this piece of article caught my attention which tried efficiently to explain what probably is going on here in disguise of all Political stunts in India. Pragmatic Euphony has tried to differentiate between the perceived state and actual state of fight and the fighters in tribal areas of West Bengal, Orissa, Bihar and Jharkhand.
The debate was brought in open by The " Times of India" and "The Hindu" in Feb. 2010. Difference between the tribals and the non-tribals is best understood by reading these two interviews on " Naxal Terror Watch" and " Tehelka" of an ex-Maoist leader of tribal origin, Gurucharan Kisku aka Marshal. Have a detailed piece of information on Outlook Web about overlap of Maoists and Tribal identity.
The challenge is to define the distinction between these two and create public awareness about this issue and generate a public opinion for people like me who deliberately deprive themselves of any news containing bloodbath and politics.
I feel government should act and deal differently and more importantly, sensibly to solve this long standing problem and take real responsibility of its actions converging themselves into results positively.


Government must act fast so that children from these areas should not learn new A to Z, that says, A for Ammunition, B for Blood, C for Chopping, D for Death and so on.... 

No comments:

FOLLOW BLOG